It is amazing how God can call to mind bible verses when I least expect it. It is as if he is speaking directly to me. I had one of those experiences today.
We hosted supper club at our house tonight, so I took William to the grocery store with me this morning. We had been in the store about 20 minutes when William decided that he was finished shopping. He started fussing, and I knew I would never get all of the grocery items that I needed for tonight if this continued. So, I decided that he needed something to occupy his time and his mouth. The first thing that caught my eye was a box of Gerber biscuits. I pulled the box off of the shelf and opened it right there in the aisle (yes I did purchase the box). He loved sucking on this cookie and it gave me 45 more minutes to shop.
One thing I have never understood is why some parents allow their children to have crusty faces. You know the ones...their kids have dried, crusty things on their mouth and noses. I mean, can't these parents see the crust if I can??? I have often wanted to wipe their faces myself, but thought that might offend their parents. Anyway, I often have said that I would "never" let my child's face look like that (a little pride you might say). Never say never, right? So here is a picture of what William looked like by the time we got home from the grocery store. And the verse that came to mind...1 Peter 5:5-"God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." I am so grateful for my little piece of grace today.

Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
3 weeks ago






4 comments:
I knew he would love them! Now you just can't leave home without one in your purse!
THOSE are the MESSIEST things ever! I usually have to strip Stirling down when she eats one:)
Even a mess he is sooooo cute!!!Lovethe blog.
He is still a cutie!! Crusty and all!!!
Post a Comment