We are thinking of making our blog private, but can't decide. Any opinions out there on this issue?
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
3 weeks ago
We are thinking of making our blog private, but can't decide. Any opinions out there on this issue?
11 comments:
I am FOR SURE thinking about this too! The only thing I can't decide is figuring out a way for someone who finds your blog but doesn't know your email to get on it. I still have someone in New Jersey checking almost every day -- NO IDEA who that is!! And Ohio, Colorodo, Kentucky...I don't know anyone in these places!
Saw something on TV last night about people and companies using pics off blogs for advertising without permission. Might be good idea to go private. Let me know how too.
I have thought about it too, but don't think I want to b/c it takes all the fun out of it!!
We have been thinking about this too.
Keep me posted...{no pun intended} This has crossed my mind a time or two and have considered it as well...
You know how I feel about the issue! :-) At first l felt like I was leaving people out but after some time I have slowly but surely gotten everyone to where they can see it!! I'm sure I am still forgetting some! That was the hardest part for me!
I have never thought about this...but now that I read all these comments...I am a bit concerned! How do you fine out who is viewing your blog? How do you make it private? I need to catch up on all this info!!!
Hey,
I don't want you to b/c you cannot keep private blogs in your google reader or bloglines. We'll still be friends though!! :)
It is something to think about, but I do like to be able to read other peoples blog that I might know! Some people write so as to inspire others and I love reading about people in all walks of life!
Congratulations!@! I am so happy for the three of you! I hope you are feeling well.
Public blogging is fun, but it is wise to be vague about specifics (name, location, workplace, church).
Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer has written an insightful piece about why she does not post photos of her children's faces, or their real names.
Private blogging is a great alternative if you wish to control your readership and/or make your blog a family album-scrapbook-bulletin board.
Post a Comment