Friday, January 18, 2008

Corks & Canvas


Last night, my sweet husband kept William, so that I could attend Corks & Canvas (an event sponsored by the Junior League). The idea is that you bring the beverage of your choice (Corks) and you paint a piece of art (Canvas). It was a wonderful night out with some great friends. Some of my friends who came as my guests were: Ashleigh Thompson, Ali Wilson, Holly Muncie, Mandy Rouse and Brooke Dilworth. I am not the most creative person, but I think we all did pretty well considering this was our first time. My sister, Alexis and my sister-in-law, Anna attend these things in Birmingham all the time and have been telling me how much fun they were. So...those of you who know me, know that I don't know much about wine, because I really don't like the taste of it. But I figured if it was my one night out, I might have a glass. So, when I was trying to decide what wine to purchase for the night, I just decided to buy the bottle that matched the art we were painting. I know...as Alexis told me, "I don't get out much." Anyway, enjoy the paintings!



2 comments:

Wilson's Winners said...

That was so much fun! Thanks for inviting me:) Brooke wants to do a party for her birthday that's coming up..I'm all for it. I'm so proud of my work!!!!!

the Papa Barrons said...

Soooo precious! I watched it over and over. How did ya'll do that? I so wish I was just around the corner.. Kisses around. Emmy